Certificate of Limited Warranty
No Labor Warranty Unless Purchased
SILVER WARRANTY: Standard 90 day warranty on parts only
GOLD WARRANTY: Standard 6 month warranty on parts only
PLATINUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 year warranty on parts only
PLATINUM PLUS WARRANTY: Standard 1 year parts warranty with labor warranty
At $50.00 per hour at Mitchell Repair. Time up to $500 per claim whichever is less.
American and Import Auto Parts warrants all parts subject to the conditions and limitations set forth below.
American and Import Auto Parts has been family owned and operated since 1977. The company is currently being operated by Michael Thompson, a third generation auto recycler. The part that you have purchased from us has been inventoried, dismantled, and delivered with the assumption that you will have no issues with it, however the following procedures apply:
- All parts come with a 90 day parts only warranty unless an extended warranty is purchased. If the part happens to fail within 90 days of purchase, we reserve the right to provide another part and will continue to do so until the warranty is over. We do not guarantee our parts to fix your problem and under no circumstances do we offer any type of refund if it does not.
- All engines are warranted against cracked cylinder blocks or heads, bad cam or crankshaft, excessive smoking, and to be in good running order unless otherwise stated. Gaskets are not covered.
- The used engine you have purchased must have new oil and filter installed upon installation and every 3,000 miles thereafter.
- All engines are sold as long blocks only. All components including relays and sensors must be changed as needed.
- This warranty does not cover attached items (water pump, fuel injection, distributor, computers, sensors, relays, etc.) Although these items may be left on the engine you purchase, they are there for convenience only and there is no assurance of proper fit.
- Transmissions must have new seals, filters, and oil installed upon installation into vehicle.
- Vehicles which have an American and Import Auto Parts engine or transmission installed must have proper capacity cooling systems and must be flushed or replaced upon installation otherwise warranty is voided.
- Warranty is void if heat tabs are melted or removed from engines and cylinder heads.
- When a warranty claim is requested for an engine or transmission, these parts shall remain installed in the vehicle until an authorized American and Import Auto Parts representative has been contacted to confirm claim for warranty to be valid.
- American and Import Auto Parts at its option, may replace the parts, repair the parts or refund the original purchase price.
- All implied warranties are limited to the terms of the limited warranty. Consequential or indidental damages are not covered under this warranty.
- Warranties on any product sold shall be in effect only for the duration of the express warranties contained herein and upon conclusion of the express warranties herein. There shall be no warranties expressed or implied including merchantability and fitness for use on the product sold.
- Licensed mechanic must install parts otherwise warranty is voided.
- All returned merchandise is subject to a service charge. Returned merchandise must be in the same condition as sold. All claims and returns MUST be accompanied by this invoice and returned within 30 days of purchase date.
- There will be no return of Michigan State Tax on returned cores according to the Michigan State ruling on trade-ins and exchanges.
- American and Import Auto Parts does not assume responsibility for towing charges, lay-up time, loss due to down time, cost of lodging, cost of vehicle use or rental.
- Credit terms for open account customers: Net 10th, no discount. A 1.5% monthly charge on past due invoices.
- No refunds on any deposit or anything electrical for any reason.